This is a complete guide to the Twich APP for 2019.
In this guide the Bits to Dollars team will try and cover every frequently asked question related to the Twictch APP.
Where to Download the Twitch APP?
PLEASE only download the Twitch APP directly from the Twitch site. To help keep your computer and gaming accounts safe there are a few things you should be aware of when downloading the Twitch App.
Most important is that when downloading anything for Twitch to make sure you are downloading from either https://download.twitch.tv or app.twitch.tv. Twitch does not officially host anything on 3rd party sites. So please be advised of any site that is advertising a download for the Twitch APP.
How to Install the Twitch APP on Windows?
- Head over to https://download.twitch.tv to download the Twitch App.
- The page will recognize your OS is Windows and the download link will be for Windows. Click on DOWNLOAD NOW.
- You may get a popup to confirm the download and to save the file. Choose Save File and allow it to download.
- Once download there will be a TwitchSetup.exe file waiting for you. Double-click to run it.
- You may receive a Security Warning confirming if you want to run this exe file
- If you are prompted click on Run to confirm, and the application will start running.
- Another window will pop up shortly to get the installation process started. To begin, click on Install.
- Allow the Twitch App to prep and install the application. This can take a few minutes.
- Once it has completed, you will receive a new popup to launch the Twitch App. If you are ready to get started using the Twitch App click on Launch.
- The Twitch App will now launch, you will see some animations, then it will bring you to the login screen.
- Use your Twitch Account Username and your password to log in
What is BTTV?
Many Twitch users optimize the Twitch viewing experience by using a Google Chrome plugin called Better TTV. Better TTV, known by BTTV for short, allows users and streamers to use custom emotes such as Pepega and Omegalul; as well as other add ons that are not officially supported by Twitch. BTTV also allows the use of night mode for anyone who has sensitivity with their eyes while watching streamers.